Lasting Impressions Events

Lasting Impressions- Events by Luly
Creating Memories to Last a Lifetime

Friday, July 8, 2011

Bunmi's 30th Birthday Soiree


Decorations by Lasting Impressions Events by Luly
In February of this year I received a phone call from the Maryland based event planner Feyikemi Kukoyi
of  FTK~Konnect  who was looking for an event decorator in the Miami area to help her put together a destination birthday party for Nigerian designer Bunmi Ojo-Adenugba, of  T & T Fashions  who was turning 30. I loved the fact that I was being contacted by her for such a great occasion and the more I learned about them the happier I became that I was to be part of such a festive date. Bunmi's party took place on Saturday June 25th at the beautiful Hilton DoubleTree Grand Hotel. At around 4:00 pm, after months of phone calls and e-mails I got to meet Faye and Bunmi, who came down to the grand ballroom to greet us. We hugged as we were old friends, Faye gave me a few final instructions, and I tried to melt their nerves away by assuring them they could go up to their rooms for a power nap, that Lasting Impressions would  make certain everything would be done according to all of their specifications. I must mentioned that the staff at the DoubleTree Hotel, headed by Adriana Rader, the Senior Catering Sales Manager and Freddy Lopez the banquet manager and the rest of the servers, Selso, Luis Felipe, Eric, Walter, Florencia, and the bartender Monica, are a professional and exceptional group of people who are willing to help you out in everything, thus making our job not only easier but very pleasant as well.
Centerpieces
Programs
A view of  part of the ballroom
Table awaiting the guests
Another view of the Centerpieces
I love these two colors together, very elegant
Within half an hour the whole room came together and while my staff was busy setting up the table runners and centerpieces, the staff at the DoubleTree added the chargers and enveloped the beautiful programs that Faye had brought all the way from Maryland within the fuchsia napkin.
Bunmi and I talking
Taking a Peek
While I was putting together Bunmi's Wishing Tree, Bunmi payed us a little visit, I think she was a bit apprehensive as to how it was all going to look, since they had blindly deposited all of their faith and dreams with me. Through the corner of my eye and from the chair I was standing on I saw her go into the ballroom and look around, and then she came to me and with tears in her eyes she said : " I don't want to cry, but this is beyond my expectations!" This filled my heart, for it is a great feeling to feel appreciated and to know that you have made someones dream come true.
The Wishing Tree
Close up of the detailed vase
A little treasure box filled with the tags people filled up with kind words of love for Bunmi

Top of the Box
A Little Note just in case...
Blin-bling pen
At 8:00 o'clock Bunmi returned to the Ballroom and made her grand entrance as a true Lady in Red. I believe that when she looked around and saw her husband  Olakunle Adenugba and all of her guests, the beautiful ballroom with the ocean that could be seen through the wall to wall windows all lit up with the candles from the centerpieces and all of the other candles that were placed throughtout  the entire room, it all became real to her and she finally cried those tears of joys she had been holding back all the while her husband consoled her and held her in his arms as they slowly swayed to the music.   
A very emotional and beautiful Bunmi
Lady in Red, she is dancing with me...
Bunmi looked absoulutely stunning in her red dress, her pink dress, her blue dress and her aqua dress, yes four dresses all designed by her,demonstrating her impeccable taste and talent.

In Pink...

In Blue...

And in Aqua
Faye of FTK-Konnect truly did connect all of the dots, she orchestrared an incredible event by assuring that all was done to Bunmi's specification, from the red carpet that met the guests as they arrived to the photographer and videographer Charlton of  Inije- Memorable Art  Photo and Film, the photo background that made all the guests feel as if they were celebrities, to the Master of Ceremony Seyi Brown, the dj with that great Nigerian music that made you want to get up and shake your booty, to the venue, the food, the favor bags, and the cakes by Divine Delicacy which were amazing and delectable as well. 
Beautiful Faye also in one of Bunmi's designs
Gifts of Appreciations
Loved the detailed bag
The Fabulous Cakes from Divine Delicacy
 Wow!      







Signature Drinks, mmmm
  Bunmi's Birthday Soiree was beautiful and unforgettable, one which will stand out in my memory and the memories of all her fabulous guests forever.  I would like to thank all of the vendors that were involved in this party, everyone did a great and professional job and to Faye for connecting all of us .And as always a great big hug and many thanks to my own staff, which make my job easier and a pleasure, without you I could not be where I am, thank you for allowing me to delegate without worries knowing that I can count on all of you to do your job to the highest standard of expectations, you have all come a long way, and for the two new members, awesome job, really appreciate all of you.

Details



One more detallito
Me and the first cake table, we had to get a bigger one because both cakes wouldn't fit.



So Elegant
The fabulous couple








The view at dusk

The view from the outside of the Grand Ballroom
Happy Birthday Bunmi once again, may you always be as blessed as you are today with your loving husband, beautiful daughters, terrific friends and that incredible talent of yours. I loved being your decorator and being part of your Soiree.

Event Planner:         FTK-Konnect
Decorator:               Lasting Impressions by Luly
Photo and Video:     Inje-Memorable Art
Cake:                     Divine Delicacy
Venue:                   Hilton DoubleTree Grand Hotel

2 comments:

  1. MY DEAR LULY:

    JUST..... ""MAGNIFICENT"".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blown away. Read this post 3 times already & all I can is Wow! May God continue to bless the works of your hand. You truly rock! Thanks again. Lasting Impressions always:). FTK.

    ReplyDelete